View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
leftystrat62 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
O'k next installment: clothes and riding gear. This is basically the clothes that I will take for the tat. I try only to carry synthetic clothes that I can wash on the road and dry pretty quickly. I will try to wear the long sleeve gray shirt(very thin & light)daily because it is SPF50. Over that my compression jacket. If it cools down but is not cold the blue klim shirt works well over the compression suit. If it's cold then I wear the smart wool zip -T neck as a base. Traverse jacket as need(it's gore tex),and heated jacket as needed. The short sleeve is for at end of day,as well as boxers,zip off pants short runners socks(not pictured) and sneakers. The black mtn. hardware lightly insulated jacket is one of the most versatile piece of clothing that I carry:)

Photobucket

Klim padded shorts for every day. Blue/exofficio wicking boxers for at camp or the day my Klims are still drying after being washed. The others are LD Comfort shorts. Think I may leave them at home Photobucket just carry the other 2.

I've tried many riding socks and Smart Wool socks (PHD ski socks) are by far the best socks I've ever used. There are Klim G-Tex socks for those rainy days,the black socks are ultra light smart wool which I will carry 1 pair of , and one pair of the mid weight(pic shows 2 mid wt. socks), I will also carry a pair of Gerbings new battery powered heated socks(no pic). I'll be camping out there in Sept. & I know there will be quite a few very cold mornings

Photobucket

One thin long sleeve wicking T shirt-ArcTerex,50 SPF proof
Photobucket
One short sleeve mountain hardware wicking T

Photobucket
Smart wool mid weight zip turtle neck top & mid wt. bottoms

Photobucket
Photobucket

sidi crossfire
Photobucket

Klim Traverse

Photobucket

Mtn. Hardware insulated jacket-absolutely fantastic
Photobucket

hat fits so ears are covered nicely and doubles as my camera case, and face mask doubles either a neck gator or face mask when really cold

Photobucket

will carry clear glasses (don't like my visor down unless absolutely necessary),and 2 spare lensesPhotobucket

dirt bike gloves,gortex rain/summer/fall gloves,heated gloves
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Zip off pants,also no in pics:bathing suit,very compressible light sneakers,sandals to also use in showers or checking out deep water crossings
Photobucket

I should say that I've used lot's of different gear over the years from mountaineering,and I've always tried to find clothes that could be used in many different types of temps & conditions. That concept works well with riding-especially off road riding. I took pictures of these because the name brands I've settled on really work. There are other great name brands,but I'm sharing what's worked well for me after much trial and error.You get what you pay for. I know you can do it in cotton and a plastic rain suit,but I'm into being happy and comfortable-and if you are than take your time,research clothing,and buy the best you can afford-you won't regret it.

leftystrat62 screwed with this post 12-18-2012 at 06:29 PM
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote