View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #7035
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Glen:

Got the book yesterday, looked at the pix & said ,I remember those from Glens ADV RR. I've seen the nat geo film, remember

seeing the interview on 48 Hours after your release, & read the account on ADV

So I know the beginning, the middle, and the end but I flip the book open to page 1, next thing I know I look at my watch & it's 4

AM, both dogs are asleep in the chair, wife has gone to bed & I missed supper . DAMN IT!!!! Sucked in again.

Well, needless to say the book is mesmerizing and once started it can't be put down Love it

Thanks Glen.
Merry Christmas
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the story amigo. Do you guys realize that this book was first published in 2004 and has been regularly selling ever since? TWTT sold in hardback so well that it did not go to softcover until 2010 when ECW Press bought the rights from Whitehorse for international re-release. I purposely don't keep track of the bookkeeping but two years ago, I recall seeing a stat revealing that the new version sold 3,500 copies the first quarter alone.

Same for my second book, One More Day Everywhere, it is still being reprinted twice a year after four years on the market. This is all the result of the power of positive thinking and telling the story not just about motorcycling, but primarily about the fascinating people of our planet.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote