View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #35
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Well, what to say. I've gone from having to have the fastest, latest bikes, to bikes that are just plain fun to ride. Now, I go through a couple of different bikes every year. Currently, there is a Ducati S4, and a KTM 950SM. Neither are especially fast, but both are comfortable and run pretty strong. You mentioned your accessories. I used to buy all the stuff for them, full exhaust, the Duc has a $1100 Ohlins and Race Tech did the forks. But you never get that money back out of them. The KTM has a set of slip-ons and a jet kit, and the factory tank bag. But that's about it. Since these things (bikes in general) start losing value at a drastic rate once you roll them out the dealers door, I tend to buy them used.

That Big Super Tenere looks cool, but it also looks very large, very heavy. Same with the Triumph Trophy or whatever it's called, I sat on one over at the local dealer, but it sure is huge. Maybe for some Interstate Hwy boogieing, but on any kind of trail or whatever? No way.

Buy what floats your boat. I have a pretty short attention span, I'm looking at the Tuono V4 next.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote