View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #77
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm not exactly sure there is such a thing as v1 and v2 for the units. I was early adopter and there were some screens failing about a year ago, Garmin overnighted me a new one... No problems in the last year with this new one. Lots of software updates since then too. If mine had as many troubles as people say they all do, I'd go back to something else, but mines rock solid.

I generally stay out of the big Montana thread so I'm not sure what guys are whining about these days.

Heading to DV right now, it's nice to have all the tracks from all my travels there last year loaded up without a concern for space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finn,

Glad you like your Montana, but seriously it's just an upgraded hiking and exploring GPS with Google sat imagery. It's lacking the screen size and push button controlling (too many issues with touch screen at high speed). We're not trying to say that the Montana is a bad GPS,, what we're saying is take the best of the 276/376/478 series, which were very high performance, and still are and make them better. Maybe utilize some of the Montana farkles into it as well. A true racer/rallier/dirtbike GPS, must have a large screen, be push button or handlebar remote controlled to be truly effective at high speed in rough terrain. The Montana doesn't cut it for that.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote