View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #287
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Ive been busy, I have an appointment at a real plastic welding shop in the nearest city 200 miles away next month. But until then i figured i could work on everything else.

I hooked up the fuel lines and pump today.

the quick disconnects that came on the tank were useless since no one in town had the other end, so i just hose clamped the hose.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Then i ran both hoses up the sides, trying not to get it right up next to the engine.

I brought up the 2 hoses and connected them to a T connector. the single hose them goes to a cheap fuel filter (to protect the pump)

Then the hose will connect to the fuel pump which sits perfectly in the void under the rear of the seat. The output line is turned into 3/16 (the input was 5/16). I threaded the hose around in a curve by the taillight.

Then thread it though little gaps to an open space next to the vent hose. But since the fuel pump will not let the main tank vent i needed to keep the vent line. So i placed a Y connector, i didn't use a T because i didn't want the fuel to be squirted out of the vent tube.

I placed the vent tube higher to help the fuel pick the right direction.

Im going to keep the fuel pump on a switch so that i will only have it on when i want to fill the main tank. Ill wire up the switch and pump tomorrow, and ill try and test it