Over Halfway There!!!!
Good morning ADV Gang,
Yesterday we received (2), yes (2) $10,000 pledges including one from KTM USA (We love those guys!), pushing the number closing in on $78,000 with 25 days left. This is essentially like starting the last campaign with $78,000 but only having to raise $150,000 not $275,000. Great news!
We only have (1) $10,000 level left but (14) $5,000 left...If we can get to $100,000 quickly, motivating a few deep pockets will be easier along with all of us regular Joe's (which we love) with $10, $25, $50 to be part of the project.
A few other things going on:
• Getting ready to release a series (5) of short videos from the interviews with John, Jack and Dane. These are only 1-2 minutes long about a specific story that will be included in the final film. Some neat stuff you all will like. Maybe as early as the next 2-3 days. We'll release a video every few days leading up to the final days. (Need everyone to forward and promote links!)
• Looks like a couple of newspapers are getting involved in the story based on a press release we sent out. The Chronicle-Telegram for Lorain County and Amherst News are working on stories.
• We are getting ready to send specific email to over 300 KTM dealers in the USA to support the project and be able to use the final film in screenings for their local market and club/store promotion and charities
• I have people in Hollywood looking at getting the film in real theaters for at least one night or weekend
• I have approached a major cable TV network about airing the film once completed.
• I have contacted Diamond Don Rainey to use his Riverfront National in April as a backdrop to shoot some re-creation scenes of John's enduro runs because of the vast number of historic enduro bikes that will race there in his beautiful countryside. Will probably be doing more at Mid-Ohio.
When (not if) the Project on Kickstarter is successful:
1) We will be arranging to head east for a research trip, interviewing important characters and POG members to get all the correct storylines and possible on-camera interview subjects lined up. The IMS Show in Cleveland may be the first stop for us to meet and talk to you all.
2) Once we have all the characters lined up, we will begin looking at the calendar for possible shoot trips taking into account people's schedules, weather, etc. for long travel shoots.
3) Shooting will take place in Ohio, Texas, Oregon, Idaho, Northern and Southern California and Europe. The Europe trip (maybe 2) will be a big one because we'll need to carefully schedule the trip for the KTM stories and interviews in Austria, the Alpinestars story in Italy, plus Germany, the UK, (Russia-Gennady Moiseev?) and I'm sure more that will come up. In Europe we also want to capture the european culture and look to make a strong contrast to the US side of the story.
4) We should be done shooting by the Fall with what I'm guessing could be 50-75 interviews and hundreds of hours of footage to start going through. From there, we start to craft our final story, adding pick-up shoots, sourcing and organizing archival materials, etc.
5) The final 4-5 mos will be spent writing, editing, working with Lyle Lovett on his narration and music, etc. to have a completed movie by May-June of 2014.
6) A long ride on my Yamaha Super Tenere, some fly-fishing and a beer for the Producer..:)
But, we have to get to this January 14th finish line first and we need everyone's help to pledge (if you haven't) and push the project to others to pledge. Remember as little as $1 can be pledged!
Oh, yeah and we came up with this nice Certificate of Support below that everyone will get to hang on their wall. We'll send a PDF for people to print out.
So, everyone get out there and pledge and push on your facebook pages, emails, twitter accounts, etc. The movie will be a great promotion or fundraising piece for local dealers and motorcycle clubs in cities all over the US and abroad and we'll make it available!
Merry Chrismas all and look for those fun videos coming up!