View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #192
hiawassee
Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
read the pdf from the website...didnt get the answers to these question..

IF I ride this event, it will be my first official rally....how is it for newbies

if i ride the 690, can i still be in a slower group of the adv riders? or maybe at the end of the fast pack, so that i dont get run over

Cars, how many motorcycle have been run over by them....i mean i will be scared to see a 60mph rally car in my rear view...are the roads wide enough?? or are the motorcycles faster?

My experince with sand has been Pine Barrens....did 2-3 PB300 in the last few years.

Support vehicle, why do we need one? i mean this event is for one day (right) are there chances of break down...i have a new well maintained 690....other than tires what else i need to be aware of?

RallyWV '12 was my initiation into RallyMoto. As a newbie I ran the Adventure class, but wasn't necessary. Should've run the Dakar class. Performed well enough (minus the stage 12 get-off which ruined my overall times) to be in Dakar and give Entrepre-neer a run for his money next time .

Support needs are minimal. If you get stuck on the course, there's a sweeper car that comes thru to handle any mishaps and get you moving in the right direction (whether back on course, back to your support crew/fans, or presumably, to the hospital if necessary).

And all the bike competitors are great people. they take care of each other. if someone goes down, word gets relayed along to make sure the downed rider is accounted for. ....just make sure that if you go down, you're visible in some fashion to the other riders. All of this will be covered in the mandatory newbie meeting the night before the race. don't sweat it.
hiawassee is offline   Reply With Quote