Originally Posted by ciedema
I was 1,500 km from Vladivostok, I needed to buy the parts get them shipped to where I was and then still transport the bike to the US. Or transport it to the US and get it fixed there and I wasn't too sure if there were other issues.
On the balance of things I decided to leave it and get another one.
It adds to the trip IMO. As you've said it may not have been just the pressure spring. Could have been catastrophic. At least in the US things are easier to get and in all probability cheaper.....much cheaper..
Keep us updated with your progress. Are you doing a trip diary online?