View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #1035
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
In the future there is slated to be a customer version. In the latest interview, Katsumi Yamakazi stated the bike was only 70% completed in Morocco. I suspect they are closer to 100% but would only offer a customer bike once the development specs are hashed out completely.
"this bike generates so much power that it would break immediately if you don't perform proper upkeep and follow a regular maintenance schedule"

Based on this statement by Mr. Yamakazi I get the feeling that anyone who is thinking about putting together a HRC works replica 450X better be ready for a very strict maintenance regime. But even if those going the HRC 450X route in the future decide to forgo the engine hop-ups they will still have a well sorted bike for racing among the amateurs.

"It may be expensive, but riders with more money to spend will be able to purchase a bike with the same specs as our rally machine. That is why we have designed each part to be replaceable. My idea is to offer a cheaper base machine and optional high performance parts for riders who want high performance."

Translated- "2013 Honda CRF450X: $8440, HRC Rally Kit: $32,480, Leaving a KTM in your dust: Priceless. Some things in life money can't buy. For everything else there's Mastercard."
wilkinsonk is online now   Reply With Quote