View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #57
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Why Dubinky??

I touched on this briefly on the first post, but wanted to go into depth a little more on why this company is named Dubinky.

First what is Dubinky:

Dubinky is named after Dubinky Wells in Utah. This area is also known as White Wash and is a motorcycle haven that lies along the Green River between Moab and Green River Utah. It has endless miles of any kind of riding you could imagine, in some of the most unique and diverse terrain around.

The name was adapted to the area (as I have been told) when years ago two brothers, Red and Dubinky Anderson, were camping in the area and Dubinky got lost. He was eventually found and the name Dubinky began to stick.

So why name a Company after Dubinky Wells:

Dubinky is to Enduro Motorcycle Riders as Moab is to 4x4s and Rock Crawlers (don’t get me wrong Moab is a blast on an MC too). The area has everything: single track, sand dunes, wide open desert 2 track, slick rock, technical nasty trails and wide open haul ass for miles stuff.

Not only are the trails amazing, but so is the environment, in a half day you can ride in a slot canyon with running water, blast through sand dunes, see old mining equipment, hit miles of whoops, ride single track for hours on end, ride some of the best slick rock trails around, or work your ass off getting up the most technical single track in the area. During all this you will probably never see another person.

This is the draw to name my company after Dubinky Wells, not only is it one of the most unique words I have ever heard, but for those that have ridden in the Dubinky area it truly is an epic place for riding a motorcycle.

Here are some videos that help illustrate the kind of riding in the Dubinky area.

Most I got from inmate RideFreak’s Youtube channel as well as some other various videos (most of my Gro Pro videos show a great view of the front fender but not much else).

Dead Cow:

The Tubes:

Brians Trail:

Enduro Loop:

Marys Trail:

White Wash Dunes

This is just a few of the awesome trails in the area. I hope it gives people an idea of why Dubinky is such an amazing and unique place for riding and why it is a perfect name for a MC apparel company.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 08:34 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote