View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #23
tallpaul63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianF View Post
Tallpaul you're the man, you've pretty much singlehandedly convinced me that this trip is good to go. I'm leaving at 4am tomorrow, going to try to get into Baja by early afternoon, crossing in Tecate. Unknowingly I did order Camping Mexico's Baja, and it's intense (in-tents?) Will definitely bring it along.

Hopefully I'll have time to throw together some semblance of a ride report when I get back. Should be a interesting little adventure. Thanks again!
If you're leaving from home, and planning to cross the border into Baja on the same day, AND make it down to Ensenada, that sounds pretty ambitious to me. You will do well to cross at Tecate, and the road to Ensenada is nice, passing through one of baja's wine growing regions, quite pretty. I would plan on staying close to the border in Ca the first night, and leaving plenty of time after crossing the border to get yourself oriented, and south of the border towns on your second day. But the important thing is that you are going; have fun!

You may like more saddle time than I do, but you will find that your mileage expectations need to be altered in Baja. Average speeds will be slower, and the days are pretty short this time of year. Most folks will tell you to avoid riding at night. I agree.

Buena Suerte!
tallpaul63 is online now   Reply With Quote