View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #231
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Sorry, wasn't a smart ass answer, it's the truth. It's the instruction manual for Sandblast and its very helpful. Or you can just pawn it off on me, your choice. I'm using an iPad, so typing takes me forever, not to mention I worked 60 hours this week and I was a bit tired but I still made an effort to get you to read a document that you should read anyway. In the sup regs, it shows 7 stages, 3 sectioms amd a total of 69 stage miles (not a joke, I just read it in the regs). Generally, the sections means three services and in the case of Sandblast, two fuel stops and one long service(lunch). Its a fast pace, so don't expect to do any engine swaps or new stickers. Spanmer check, fuel and maybe a quick bite to eat. You don't need a crew but be sure that someone at the rally has your back or as Mouse McCoy said to me in the desert last year...... "have a back up plan"

The rally starts on Saturday morning at 8 AM and the start order is posted, usually there is a drivers/riders meeting and then the bikes start rolling out on thier minute to stage 1 start.
There is a chance that the last stage will be in the dark but since the rally has been moved up month, its possible that we won't. Wy not be a Boy Scout and have a light. Previous proper planning, prevents poss poor performance. For the record, all the above info is in the sup regs, except for the loading of the pick up.... Now that my thumbs are sore from typing and re-typing on my iPad, I'm heading to work. Haveaniceday
It's all good! I just hate when people pray on noobies and I could've been out of line, but I just had no idea what to expect and I still can't open that link for what ever reason. Noobies to forums does not mean noobies to riding. So, thanks for all the input. It's pretty clear that it would and will be something that the average bear could do. I plan on spreading the word to my friends who also love riding the local forest roads.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote