View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #88
jrzyguy OP
Restless

Oddometer: 302
More of Zacatecas

This cafe is next door to my hotel. Patricia, the owner, bakes fresh pastries every day. Coffee and one of her treats is tough to pass up when I'm coming and going.

This is Dave, a fellow traveler from Telluride, CO, who is also staying at Hotel Reyna Soledad. He is riding a GS and plans to escape the winter weather while exploring Mexico.

The choice of cafes and restaurants with attached bars seems endless. It's fun to walk the city, exploring the possibilities! Dave and I were doing just that!

This outdoor ice rink is also in the Centro district. The city and people celebrate Christmas with passion! There is music playing and a huge video screen behind the rink. At night especially, people crowd in and enjoy spending time with one another.

This street shot is across the plaza from our hotel.

Many of the establishments have doors to tiny balconies. Here, the best tables allow patrons to interact and simulaneously do some people watching.

This is one of many traveling party groups with their own musicians. They walk around the neighborhood, stopping from time to time to dance and celebrate.

This group even has their own El Diablo...a very animated guy!

The restaurant on the left is owned by a retired Mexican singer...Arturo is bilingual and recommended lots of must see attractions around the city. He serves up great local Zacatecan cusine!
jrzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote