View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
sgio OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort

This was my first stay at a motorcycle resort. I have to say it won't be my last. It was great being in a group of people with motorcycles in common. The Harley and BMW riders even seem to get along like good friends.

I would definitely recommend the Iron Horse Motorcycle resort. I camped in a tent but they offer accommodations ranging from bunk houses to cabin rentals. The main building has a large central gathering room with a projection TV. There are two more rooms with big screens and a pool table up on the mezzanine. They offer breakfast every morning and dinner most evenings. The food is good and reasonably priced. They have WIFI in the main building but the surprise was that it worked out in the tent area as well. This is good, because cell coverage is hit and miss. The one thing you may want to plan for, is the county is dry, so you will need bring in any alcohol if you so desire. There is under roof motorcycle parking and they offer bike rags for cleaning or drying if you are not lucky enough to get under the roof.

The best part may be the communal fire pit. Making new friends and talking about motorcycles with people from all around the country was one of the highlights of the trip.

Oh and the GPS snafu on Friday? If I had been a little bit more observant, I would have seen the sign nearby that told you to head up the road a piece to the resort. They really do a good job there anticipating the needs of motorcycle tourists here.
sgio is online now   Reply With Quote