View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #35
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Evo 2: The Second Coming

Now we're talking!

The Evo 2 kit is darn near exactly what I was hoping someone would come out with for the 690 Enduro.

In particular, I like how the Evo 2 carries the fuel lower than the first generation and, compared to the the Dottori set-up, doesn't use fiberglass, but rather is a proper rotomolded plastic tank. And, it looks like the appropriate level of attention has been applied to fit and finish in that most recent photo.

I still prefer the overall tank shape and down pipe exhaust layout of the KTM Rally Replica, but I also fully appreciate that not requiring a down exhaust will help sell many more Evo 2 kits.

For me, the only question is whether to go with the over-and-under headlight set-up shown in the above pictures or the KTM 990 European headlight hardware upgraded to HID.

I'm so glad the world didn't end on 21-Dec-2012 after all. The Mayans just didn't know RallyRaid UK was going to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Three cheers for the boys (and gals?) at Rally Raid!!!

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote