View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #295
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
If it is dry go ahead, I tend to wet sand with 1k grit if there are any flaws but if it looks good go ahead. Go easy with the clear. I would definitely test the clear out on something before you go live on the tank. But since you are getting work done on the tank I would hold off because you will most likely have to wait anyways because it may get scuffed.

Once the welding is done can you reinforce it as a precaution? I probably would just as a safety measure but I have never delt with tanks like this. Would not be fun to get it all done and have a failure. Perhaps a weld then a composite applied to the inside. Hmmm I really want this to work out for you.

You need Erling!
id like to use something to reinforce it, but in not sure with what. But the rubber bushing that goes in the hole only has rubber on the ends, its not rubber all the way though so im thinking that maybe i will get bushings that go all the way though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
...... I have had success bonding some tanks, but it really is hit or mis, and you don't know until you do a test. I do believe I would reinforce the mounting holes, and I don't just mean on your tank, but on all structural serving poly.....tanks. Something's gotta give, when you throw the Fraulein in the dirt, and as you can see on this thank, it is not strong enough. That can be fixed with composites. Finn ( Lostrider) were considering swinging by, and have impact pads done, but it did not happen. I would also put on a set of lower corner bash pads..... But that's just me.... I'm an idiot pilot, and like to fly airplanes with turbines....and lots of them, in case one fails....
Well the cool things is that when i put the tank on the bike i placed my Altrider crash bars on, and if i bend out the ends an inch on both sides it should fit without any modifications. but i wont really know till i get the crossbar. but id be pretty excited if i could make crashbars work i know people say it why they wont get the tank (me included)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Casejeep screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 09:27 AM
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote