View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #38
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
Now we're talking!

The Evo 2 kit is darn near exactly what I was hoping someone would come out with for the 690 Enduro.

In particular, I like how the Evo 2 carries the fuel lower than the first generation and, compared to the the Dottori set-up, doesn't use fiberglass, but rather is a proper rotomolded plastic tank. And, it looks like the appropriate level of attention has been applied to fit and finish in that most recent photo.

I still prefer the overall tank shape and down pipe exhaust layout of the KTM Rally Replica, but I also fully appreciate that not requiring a down exhaust will help sell many more Evo 2 kits.

For me, the only question is whether to go with the over-and-under headlight set-up shown in the above pictures or the KTM 990 European headlight hardware upgraded to HID.

I'm so glad the world didn't end on 21-Dec-2012 after all. The Mayans just didn't know RallyRaid UK was going to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Three cheers for the boys (and gals?) at Rally Raid!!!

Thanks for your comments,we always appreciate customer feedback,and with the EVO2 kit have tried to design & develop a kit that 690 riders were looking for,based on our 3 years experience with our original kit.
We wanted a 450RR style kit,but there was no point in adding extra fuel lower down,like the 450RR,because we only use gravity to feed the rear tank,and any extra capacity lower down would be "dead fuel" as it would never be used,unless we added a fuel pump,which we did not want to do.
Also,an underslung exhaust,whilst very rallye stylie is costly and very exposed to damage,so that was left out.
We also hoped the world did'nt end yesterday,as it would have been a right shit not to have ridden the bike that has took us all year to complete!!!!
And yes,we do have boys & gals at Rally-Raid,just wait for our post-Dakar announcement regarding a 2014 Rally-Raid Team going to South America with 2 EVO2 bikes....................
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote