View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
bmwktmbill
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,711
Umar,
Try to get another opinion on the Chamfer, my memory says yes.

For the switches and the rear brakelight switch as well I carried them just because along with brake master cyl. kits and caliper kits.

I'd pop the grease seal on the sprocket carrier bearing and add a little grease, grease the swing arm bolt and pivot, bleed the brakes and Only use Dot 4, Dot 3 won't cut long steep descents., especially the rear caliper will boil fully loaded dragging down a twisty mountain road in the 2nd/third world.

For wheels, I tied my spokes and carried a regular motion Pro wrench, the torque wrench was in my wrist.I tightened my spokes every time I change a tire and oil them on the inside first so the nipples are smooth.the junk under the rim band will scare you so I clean that.

You do have to go over every electrical connection with silicone grease or oil.
You will need the countershaft O-rng and bushing. I reuse the bolt and spring washer but put it om with red Loctite.

That's a hassle because you need a propane torch to get it loose. I carried filters behind the windshield.

Clutch and throttle cables of course.

Special tools...snap ring pliers, needle nosed vice grips, scissors, feeler gauges, Yada yada, the list goes on and on.

bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote