View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Multiplicity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
I could do that, but why would I? With the PDM, I run a single switched source instead of a bunch of relays. It's essentially a solid state fuse box that has programmable power on/off delays. The PDM provides 6 circuits, up to 60A…so I'm not sure where you're getting the the idea that it's under rated. The DDM xenon peaks as 6A and tapers off to ~3.4A once it's running. I only run one ballast, in the event it fails, I can still turn my halogen high beam on.

Okay! I was under the impression it only had 5 amp circuits because you said you can run it on one, even though
the ballasts start and peak @ 6. You also mentioned being able to join 2, 5 amp circuits to get a 10 amp capacity.

I like the Bus delay and use it to control my accessories. It activates a 30 amp relay to control a 12V buss that will carry 30 amps if needed.
One relay only, so it's a clean setup. I have my gerbing plug wired to the battery direct.

I looked at that controller. I see what you're saying. It's not cheap, that's for sure. Looks like a nice setup, but kinda over priced IMO.

Multiplicity screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 01:34 AM
Multiplicity is offline   Reply With Quote