View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #262
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyoffroad View Post
the dog appears to be concerned about his bike being disassembled.
Yeah, Rusty does a very good worried look. Though only a short distance rider (Barley is my long distance companion), he loves rides in anything with an engine and likes to rest in the hack while I'm working on it. Since it's up on jacks he can't jump in without scratching the paint, which he knows is a bad thing.

The challenge of working on the rig with my four golden retrievers present is that it's really difficult to do any work underneath it. Every time I crawl underneath to inspect or do any work there are four furry heads in the way, each trying to see what's so exciting. And if I tell them to leave me alone, they do what retrievers do...each one brings me one item at a time out of my toolbox until it's empty and I'm surrounded by every tool I own, and four proud goldens wagging happily at being able to "help" me!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote