Got the frame all ready before my father-in-law came over. As disston suggested, I added some duct tape to the padding for additional protection. I also covered some additional areas, and added a few "alignment" strips in silver duct tape so we could see where the engine mounts were located.
Then I got the engine as close to it's destination as I could, but putting it on this "stand":
Then, with a bit of help, in five minutes it was mounted:
I put one small scratch in the back of the swingarm from the bolt on the clutch lever
, but otherwise it went very smoothly. I was so happy that I had to wheel the bike out into sunlight for a few photos.
And that's where she currently sits! I promised the wife I would help shop some and then hang out with our daughter while she does more shopping, so no more progess today unless I feel motivated after 10pm again (which I doubt I will). Hopefully more soon though, I'm really getting excited now.
Merry Chrismtas and Happy Holidays, all!