View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #42
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,415
If you have the safari tank on the WR then leave the extra fuel tank at home, you won't need it. Plus get rid of the bungee net, those will drop your items, bungee, nylon straps are better.

Carry two chain links and not one, plus a chain press. you can carry a voltage inverter to charge while ridding. Loose one or two pairs of gloves, better yet loose three pairs and add heated grips.

Try not to be redundant on clothing, If you go later int he year, I'd suggest loosing the heated gear, use the Klim with a fleece (you can wear the fleece around the camp site and be warm). For clothing, try and wash socks and underwear daily or every other day, that will keep packing less. Check out my clothing list below in link.

Klim padded shorts, leave them too and add hip armor to the ridding pants, like the aero stich foam type, sew vecro attachment points in your ridding pants. I think Ken did this to his. Reason being, those shorts are hot. I'm a big fan of good hip protection.

Astericks braces are bulky but worth it IMHO, not too bad unless you have to crouch or walk a long way in difficult terrain. I wore mine for 4 weeks, sometimes akward, but I was surprised the amount of support they offer, after crashing and being hit in the thigh by a rock.

With the camel back you won't need the extra water from the bladder till Utah, just in Black dragon/ eagle canyon, then Nevada.

Killer loop bag and a duffel, look at getting rid of the killer loop and use just a duffel.

Here's two WR's and one DRZ fully camp loaded.

DRZ
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 10:03 AM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote