View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #39
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,204
Cool2 Not Really.."No" Makes Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelPerryOnLand View Post
Start savings those greenbacks...GSA owners farkle their's, too!
There is NO saying "NO" to the Touratech catalog!
Depends on your temperament and sensibilities as much as how you want to use the bike. If you want it to look like a commuter bus in India, then of course pile on the crap, errr..."farkles". Like an old motocross racer friend once factiously said: "If you can't go fast, at least look fast".

If however you are looking for functional, needed and utilitarian improvements for the bike, then I would avoid Touratech like the plague because they are the boutique store with very high prices. Some good products, but not at gold prices. Many other high quality vendors. My changes are all for protecting the bike when I lay it down and improving rider control. It is all about the ride and getting home.

As an owner of a GSA I am biased, but the extra fuel and suspension travel [slight but significant] alone were worth the $$ for me over a GS since my use is all off road.

As I previously stated, ride all bikes under consideration and see which one "feels right" and put that big shit eatin' grin on your face.

Enjoy the process of buying a bike and don't sweat the small stuff..

Of course I could be wrong.......................
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote