View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #51
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Lefty, when you reply you will see [Quote] at the start and finish of the post you want to reply to. Just delete what ever you want between the brackets (leave the brackets!) and that's all there is to it.

As to clothes, I had two pair of quick dry underwear, like Patagonia, maybe three pair of sox, one riding jersey, a compression shirt from Underarmor, a Klim pull-over wind breaker jersey, one casual pull-over, long sleeve, a pair of travel pants (I used North Face Outbound), closed toe sandals, and my jacket liner. It may be cold in the morning, but once you start moving you shouldn't need any more than that if you want to go light. Jersey, compression shirt, underwear, and sox got washed at night if in a motel, or close to water, and they dry overnight. Good riding pants will be enough warmth. Take a good pair of winter gloves as those cold mornings are nippy, but by mid morning you'll be changing gloves. All of my clothes fit in a small dry sack that went into my saddle bags. I use Klim Traverse pants and jacket, and I highly recommend them. I also used body armor, Axo Air Cage, and I'm sure it prevented damage to me once or twice. Once when I fell over trying to u-turn on a narrow rutted road (WRR's are tall, and I couldn't always get my foot down on rough ground) and once when I biffed it in a rut and went down hard into a rock garden. When it got hot I just removed the jacket and used the armor.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote