View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #18
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
Sprockets! I posted this over at Cafe Husky too. I want to go up on the rear sprocket and had a hard time finding a source for anything larger than 47T. Found it: Supersprox USA. However, they list three or four different F650GS's; Dakar, early years and later years, and I think one with 8.5mm bolts. Which one do we need? I'm sure the Terra hubs are right out of the F650 parts bin, but are all of these variations with different bolt spacing or hole diameter? Inquiring minds want to know. I want to go up to 50 on the rear for a little more slow speed control without slipping the clutch. I never know when I might want to get foolish on some trail that I shouldn't be on. Want to leave the large 16T countershaft sprocket alone. Big is good!
Supersprox all the way, blaisew! Don't select on your own, call them on the phone. They will make a sprocket specific for your bike, even if they don't have it listed. I had them make a me a custom 45 tooth rear sprocket for my F800GS to get the gearing setup right where I wanted it. They charged me a little extra....$50 maybe, I forget.....and it's a work of art.

Best way to go, for sure. I'll definitely switch to Supersprox when I wear down the stocker a good bit.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote