View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
sgio OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Home

So, I am writing this on December 24, Christmas eve. So it seems appropriate that I wrap this report up.

There not much more to it really. The trip from Virginia to home was uneventful and boring. I really wanted to get home, and I no longer had any concerns with riding on the slab, which I have to admit I did before this trip. I take 15 north from Culpeper to 17 and stay on that to Winchester, where I am back on I81. The day is sunny and cold. Its in the upper 30's when I roll out of Culpeper and the temperature slowly climbs until when I cross the Mason-Dixon line, it creeps over 50.

At the Pennsylvania welcome area, I can actually shed a layer, now that its over 50. I meet a guy on a Triumph as I am leaving and he is stopping. He asks if I am a long or short distance rider. Unsure if I meet the long distance rider criteria, I just tell him where I have been. He is heading back to Buffalo and has been in the Keys and all around the Southeast.

The temperatures are up in the 50's for the rest of the trip, so cold hands are no longer an issue. I roll back in my driveway to the excitement of my dogs and am happy to be home.

364 Miles

sgio screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 11:25 AM Reason: forgot the map! :doh
sgio is online now   Reply With Quote