View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
vintagerider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinaustin View Post
i checked the master cylinder. plenty of fluid but its pretty dark and cloudy....

i will price em out and assess the instructions here:
http://advwisdom.hogranch.com/Wisdom...20replace.html

but that page is missing all links to pics. i have my clymer too but of course having never done it, i am a little apprehensive.
If the fluid has bad odor that's confirmation of bad input shaft rear seal and bad seal and bearing in slave. If you aren't yet convinced of need to replace slave then pull it off for inspection. Quite easy really as long as you don't try to take off banjo bolts while slave still mounted. This is one of the rare jobs that I'd leave the clymer on the shelf except for torque values.

You do not need to take the hoses off the slave to withdraw it from cavity to inspect the cavity for leaking oil. The only thing that is remotely challenging is removing the rear shock and muffler.

BBY has the best deal on the slave kit. Comes with gasket and crush rings. Stop riding the mc until you inspect the cavity or you may loose your clutch disk.

vintagerider screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 04:43 PM Reason: torque values are important
vintagerider is offline   Reply With Quote