View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #57
leftystrat62 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
So here's what I carry for camping: My MSR Habba Habba in a water proof stuff sack
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Here's the tent poles that I put in a water proof stuffsack that fits my folding saw in the blue sheath and my kermit chair. I can also store my maps in that stuff sack
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
This is the Kermit chair (5.6 lbs-I know it adds a lot of weight) and the stuff sack is underneath that can hold the rest of the long shaped items.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

folding bow saw for fire wood
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
Dromedary- I think 2 1/2 gal??
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
camp towel
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
This opens up into a sink to wash clothes or dishes. I really like it to wash my clothes on the road when there no river to do it. Could do away with it,but it's small & light so I'm up in the air.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
on my saddle bags I put the fuel bottle holders on them(4 on each bag) I've found that I can fit these 22oz water bottles in them. I was planning to wear my 70 oz camel back,carry 7 of these water bottles-which will keep the weight down low,and the other will be my red aluminum fuel bottle that will carry my engine oil. The dromedary will be only used when I will be in desert areas camping,and I figure I'll only need the blue water bottles when I get to CO,UT,NV,OR-how does that sound??
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

cook set ,spork,2 orange things are colapseable cup & bowl
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
They all fit in together
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Killer petzl head lamp that has a rechargeable battery with a usb cable also wipes
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
My camp shoes-very light and flatten down nicely
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
toiletries,etc.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

here is the fuel bottle(full) with the device(cranky pump from aerostich) to siphon gas from my tank to use as fule for stove
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
multi fuel stove
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

My down bag good to around 35F--2.9 lbs--not sure if it will be warm enough-may buy a 0 or 20F bag-really don't want to spend the $. Can carry my 55F summer bag and do a double bag system. I did it this fall-was good down to 22F with all my cold weather clothes on. Tough decision. No picture of my EXPED down mat-tried a lot of different stuff-this is the best I've found. I should mention I've got back & neck problems-big reason why I carry that kermit chair,exped mat,and camp pillow. I deal with lack of sleep/pain in general so I try to minimize it on the road.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

leftystrat62 screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 10:54 AM
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote