View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #1132
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
So this didn't exactly happen on Christmas, but it was close. Once again I am blown away again by the tremendous support I've received from the motorcycling community. A fellow inmate noticed I'd had computer problems a while back--and also probably noticed that my laptop is anything but small or light (or reliable). Here was his message to me:

"I have a Macbook Air that I would be more than willing to donate to the trip. Don't want anything for it, nor would I take anything. It is a perfect computer for what you are doing...."

I am still blown away, as I hope you all are. Pay-it-forward-type generosity isn't just the stuff of fiction and film.

I've said it before, but I will say it again--six months ago I had what I thought was a very realistic view of humans: that most (nearly all?) people were were selfish, manipulative, unethical and hypocritical (all while having a good conscience none-the-less). Though I'm totally stoked to have received such an elegant, powerful and sleek MacBook Air (wow this thing would have saved 20% of the weight I have been carrying and about that much space, too!), I'm most grateful to have found like-minded souls who give and ask nothing in return; people who, in essence, fight for truth and justice in their every day lives wielding nothing more than a code of behavior. It's everyone on this forum, everyone I've met or corresponded with or been fortunate enough to share a sandwich or a Hendricks with who have completely overwritten my estimation of humanity. Merry Christmas to all of you, sincerely, from the bottom of my cold (but getting much warmer) AntiHero heart.

AntiHero screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 11:12 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote