View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
http://bikes.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...5973&k=hm3vzg7

I'm adding some info regarding the Touratech SS rack. It is not a direct fit with the tank. As you can see in the pics, the left side rear brace mount sits higher so the bottom of the tank is blocking it. Rather than trying to return it and the bags and get another type, I'll see if a local shop can reweld the tabs lower as others are. This would allow things to work and still brace it well. The bags do fit though close.

Also, since it's here. I have Craig's rear rack and while it will mount up okay, the TT parts block the holes pre-drilled to mount the rotopax so I'll have to work out some spacers for that. You would also have to use the OEM long bolts from the rack and the long bolts from the TT kit since it has a little bit of a plate on the mounts.

Aggrevating yes, but I'll get if worked out and hopefully saving others some time and money or letting you know in advance what you'll have to do.

Thanks for the info. I'm getting the Safari tanks and was going to retire my ADV tank for the CJ tool box and was wondering if it would work.
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote