View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #138
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 508
2013 New York IMS show

Anyone heading down to the New York IMS show next month (Jan 18-20)? I bought tickets for the wife and I to attend. We are planning to take the train down to NYC on Thursday, hit the show on Friday, then mess around in the city until Sunday sometime.

We last atended the NYC show on a Saturday in 2010. The show was great but the huge Javits Center was SRO by lunchtime and we left before seeing everything due the the crushing sea of humanity. This year we will try going on Friday and see how that works out.

Last year we went to the IMS show in Cleveland (Why in god's name Cleveland you ask? I had to work over the NYC show and my wife and I have family in Cleveland), which runs the weekend following the NYC show - don't waste your time. A mere fraction of the show size and even smaller fraction of manufacturers and products represented. Many product displays were static displays with no representative manning the display. BMW? Not there. Really?

Just got a new contract at work with a raise and retro check, and I have been in contact with a manufacturer of a bike that interests me, so I am taking my checkbook. We'll see what happens there.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

-. .---- --- --.. .---
tmlee is offline   Reply With Quote