View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
Phreaky Phil OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
You could try and lose some of the metal bits off the engine. Replace the front cover with carbon fibre. Maybe the same with the airbox and starter lid. Maybe there are lighter starters available. The indicators can be replaced with something lighter. It just starts to get a bit expensive and time consuming, after the obvious stuff. Take the tools out, they can go in the luggage. Fit lighter mirrors. I don't know if there is much of a difference in shock weights. Batteries are heavy as well, Handlebars, could be another one. I am sure some are lighter than others.
Yea could get tricky. I already have WR indicators which are pretty light and alloy bars. I took a mirror off, havent weighed it yet but it felt pretty light. I havent weighed the battery yet. I may be able to save a little yet on a smaller one. I dont think the Shorai batteries are quite up to the task yet. I have a Valeo starter, i read somewhere just recently that the Bosch starter is heavier and the Nippon Denso is lighter.
Phreaky Phil is offline   Reply With Quote