View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #102
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,660
I know that the roads are gonna be a blast heading to reading and I plan to stop along the way at the Platina Store/Post office for a snack... Had a BLAST here last year with the owner Sue and her husband Ken.

The owners aren't in buuuut Robbin is...

What a sweety.. she hooks me up with a bowl of soup and we flirt a bit , talk alot, then I roll outside.
Where I meet ??? grrr didn't write it down...He had just bought this Ninja garage kept with only 2000mi on it... nice score!

Back on the road...

Platina road is goood of course and soon I'm at Rick's shop... he walks out and I say hello again. It's Sunday afternoon I explain that I'm just on my way past from NorCal heading back to Idaho and what I would like to do to modify the seat, though he's not normally open on Mondays, he says if I swing by in the morning he'll fix me up. WoooHooo!
He ask if I've been up to Mt Lassen... nope.. we talk more and I say sure I'll go check it out and find a place to Stealth camp up high where it's cooool, since it gets MIGHTY hot here in the Valley.
It's a big Volcano crater off to the East...

North of the Crater...

Inside the Crater looking South...

Some nice high altitude lakes...

Snow's piling up.. but NOT near as much as I rode in last year.

Steam vents and somewhat Moon like landscape in the South West facing valley...

Then it's time to head down and West to look for a camp...

I find an old abandoned Farm and sneak in behind... it's blurry but you can see the size of this buck. There were two feeding around the back when I rolled in.

I cross an old field and drop down into a dry wash partially in the woods to get outta sight, then roll volcanic rocks out of the way, filling the little craters back up, smooth things best I can, lay down next to Des' hanging a couple Natural Mosquito repellents on my boots and..... drift off.

I wake up take a pic of the camp and head on back to Rick's...

At the shop... Rick Mayer Cycles.

While Rick tends to other bussiness I pull all the staples needed to peel the cover back for the modification, then he goes to work.

Rick is an A+ guy and fixes me up juuust PERFECT! I now have a leeetle more stretch out room for the long slab riding that occurs when I criss cros the U.S. I'm at about 62,000mi on this seat now and simply love it!
Moved the butt pan back about 2-1/2" very nice... THANX RICK!
After much trying to convince him...he would not accept a penny either... true gentleman!

Time to get back to Lewiston and do some maintenance on Des' before the Hells Canyon Gathering at the Log Cabin RV Park.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 05:43 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote