View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #169
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,173
The last bike I bought was at my local dealership - the salesman was an absolute dick (the size of dick he was didn't become apparent until the next day, but that's another story)

I still go there because buying my first bike there was a good experience and their parts department, overall, has been very accommodating. Also, the repair shop knows me by face and bike (probably better than by name ) and are very willing to give a little free/quick advice if you pop in. Sometimes their equipment prices match internet, sometimes not, so I do a bit of both buying. If my first experience had been the dickhead salesman I probably would never have returned for anything even though they are the only shop in town.

The Yamaha dealership in San Juan Capistrano, where I bought my xt250, bent over backwards. They're the only shop I've ever been to that would let you take a test ride - anybody else have a problem with getting dealerships giving test rides? Bill, the owner/salesman, was amazing - met me on a Sunday morning to finish the deal for a bike he probably didn't make any money on. We also sat around and talked bikes for about an hour before even talking about prices - just a super nice guy who really likes bikes and people. Bill will get my future Yamaha business because of his customer service, not the bike price.

Bike Shops - customer service, customer service, customer service. Otherwise, why be in retail?

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote