View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #86
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybeemer View Post
OK, been following this oil thread. All the talk has been on Zinc. The oil tests from Blackstone are a joke, read the summary the guy writes, things like "this should be good oil" ect...... Not your typical lab language. Show me ASTM tests, shear, four ball wear tests high temp shear ect.... All done with ASTM reference.
There is more to oil than Zinc content, and honestly if my oil is six or ten bucks a quart I don't care as long as the price reflects the quality.
Got good oil? Sow us the data using real lab tests to test wear, shear, hi temp shear, vis stability, foaming, ect.....
Been following this oil thread for a while huh?
ASTM tests on the "old" 15W50 ASTM 4052, ASTM D92, ASTM D97, ASTM D1500, ASTM D445... are on post #5 and Blackstone also includes the ASTM D92, D96, D44 on the VOA.

Blacktone Labs are one of the largest most reputable oil analysis companies in the USA - period. Most consumers are not tribologists so they need a plain English interpretation from a reputable company so they can understandit... that is their objective and really... most people dont know or care to know that their oils Specific Gravity@60F= 0.85637:

Blackstone Labs http://www.blackstone-labs.com/about-us.php "Established in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1985, Blackstone Laboratories strives to provide an easy-to-use, understandable, and accurate oil analysis program with the fastest turnaround in the industry. At the heart of our program is ICP (inductive coupled plasma) spectrometry, database averages for comparing wear, and a comments section on each report that explains — in plain English! — what your results mean."

BTW I dont know anyone that even knows anyone that works at Blackstone Labs.