View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #679
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Maybe, in this economy KTM have realised for marketing purposes that they don't need two top notch European riders, and want to groom someone from another corner of the planet (Casseli, or target Helder who speaks the same language as the Brazilian market?). After a decade of dominance, they could be switching focus to the Moto3 category which is wildly popular in the emerging Asian markets

Maybe, just maybe, the split is mutual, or even instigated by Mattighoffen? For Cyril I would like to see which mega name sponsor he could bring on board. R B and monster are already spoken for...

On the motogp analogy (which is a good one) methinks it is similar to an Italian alien's pairing with a certain red marque from Bologna. Over confident, over ambitious and a bit greedy to enlarge the bank account before retiring for 4 wheels.

Another angle (extremely far fetched): maybe Honda -who have been entirely missing from 4 wheeled competition- have promised CD a place on a yet to be announced car effort starting in '16 - '17

Ok I'll stop now

I am sure some people who have been following KTM since their underdog days might be tempted to say good riddance et Bon chance. I might be one of them, even if it means runner up position for team orange in '14