View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #1398
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalex View Post
I see there's a lot of stuff around about how the Terra fares versus the KLR. I can see the point as it could be considered as an alternative. However, I think a really useful and valid comparison would be against the X650 BMWs, Xchallenge, Xcountry....Thanks!!
I don't feel it compares ot the Xchallenge at all. IMO that would be the TE630 series. The Terra is closer to the Dakar/Sertao w/new plastics, better frame, Xchallenge Rotax and USD foks (however weak they are). You could throw the Terra at a lightened Dakar/Sertao w/KYB USD forks and a reworked suspension and the only difference would be the engine upgrade. Touring/Dual sport. Confortable on the FWY and capable offroad (with limitations). Not a trail bike. ...yet.

Either way, both,all are great bikes and very capable in their owners hands. Very impressed with the Terra hope the aftermarket embraces the bike (TT and Altrider). I also can and only hope that BMW has something up their sleeve to revive the Dakar/Sertao line with capability since they killed off the xchallenge. Just imagine a lightweight tubular frame, high output engine, w/Sertao plastics, Dakar range and a fully capable and tuneable front/rear suspension ....

nomad5326 screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 09:08 PM
nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote