View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2712 View Post
ive to ask, if you have the panniers of your bike and you lock the lock that grips to the pannier rack. and then you take the metal part and try to wiggle with it.

If you do so with an ok pair of panniers, the lock should not wiggle for like 1 mm, it should be lockt firmly with no play right?
I have a 2012 GSA with BMW Aluminum panniers and top box. Mine are rock solid, now that I've tightened the hardware that attaches the racks to the bike anyway. Long story short: It takes some effort to cause the latch to go over center. When reinstalling the luggage I slide it all the way forward and then close the latch so the hook seats in it's resting place, there is a definite "over center" feel when the latch closes. It you so desire: remove the luggage, close and latch on the locking mechanism and test it for security. If it still has the 1 mm play you describe it is obviously the latch. I would think Parts should be available for repair but maybe a new latch is your best bet. I assume you can purchase new ones from the dealer and have them keyed to your ignition in one shot. Best of luck!
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote