View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
I work that area 4 days a week and it can be a little nerve racking at times but it is really not that bad. Most of all that is over done by the yuppie white folks that live otp. The Yuppies say that same thing about mountain people and banjo's

I just want to point out that you were assuming that he was gonna steal your dirt bike.
Maybe he wanted all the dirt bike people to stop TRESPASSING!
That is private land and no matter where you are if you are riding on private land then you should be prepared to be shot at!
If it is itp or otp or in the country most land owners do not like trespassers.

In my mind hard to complain about someone else doing something illegal why you yourself are also doing something illegal.
Kinda like turning in your pot dealer for ripping you off!

just my opinion and everybody has one
I've lived in inner-city Atlanta for over 8 years. If a young (black) male approaches you, you better have your guard up. It sucks there is a stereotype, but that's life, especially in inner-cities of the South. This guy was not a land owner, he was trying to steal the bike by means of deadly force. These young boys have nothing to loose, as they've watched their older siblings run the same life and end up in jail. They know they are eventually destined for jail, so they don't give a fuck. When you don't give a fuck, you'll do anything to get what you want. Google 'Ghetto or thug mentality' and you will see what I mean. It's a very, very sad outlook on life and unfortunately a lot of youth don't make it out alive or not incarcerated. If it was a land owner, it would be someone with authority by the city of Atlanta, because this area is gov't owned. It's pipeline.

I don't think it's really funny to make light of the situation either. These are 2 friends of mine that I ride with and could have been seriously injured or killed. The lesson learned is to a. stay away from dangerous places in inner-cities or b. if you risk doing that, stay protected.