View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #32105
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
High Five has been mentioned a few times. I just recently got my 09 wr and the previous owner was much bigger (I am 150lbs) though I don't think it is set up well for him either so I'd like to set the suspension up better for me. Was HF's settings for someone near my weight and where are his settings at? Buried in this thread? At some point later I'll work on tuning it more for me but if there is some close settings somewhere that would be a good start for me.
As I remember........... the consensus was that the bike is sprung stiff for the average rider and the rear shock didn't have near enough rebound damping........ even when maxed out. For a light rider like yourself, the lack of rebound damping, and stiff spring makes the problem even worse. The rear wheel hops up in the air when it bounces of rocks, ledges, and roots......... ect. The settings were to try and keep the rear wheel on the ground with the stock suspension. In other words....... the best you can get with what you got. The right spring for your weight and a re-valved rear shock with more rebound damping is what you "Need" but, if that isn't in the cards right away it's a good compromise especially for someone your weight.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote