View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #259
eye.surgeon
...riding California

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
Great RR! Just stumbled across it now, so it feels a bit weird commenting on something that happened months ago, lol...

For what it's worth, this seems to be "luck of the draw" with Border Guards in or out of the different countries.

21 years ago, a buddy and I were going down to Texas on our bikes (me: CX500Turbo, him: CB900F) and we pull up to the Washington State border, going south from Canada.

The previous car leaves the booth, and buddy and I start our bikes and begin to both go forward. The dude in the shack *SPAZZES* and literally shrieks out the window: One at a time! One at a F*cking time!

He looks like he's going to shoot us, and sits there livid, with a finger pointing at my buddy all the while he's trying to waddle his bike backwards all loaded up with 3 weeks worth of luggage and tents 'n crap

Who knows, eh?
The immigration/customs agent has a camera capturing the image of your rear licence plate as you pull up to the booth and within seconds they can see the registration details of the car and a background check of the registered owner. Two bikes pulled up at the same time will defeat the autoscan of the licence plate. I suspect that's part of the issue.