View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #1405
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawagumby View Post
This is the first bike in a long time that I won't have to buy an aftermarket seat for.

There's something about the peg/shifter/brake relationship that bugs me...I can't figure out exactly what the issue is, but I'm having to lift my foot too much on upshifts, yet the downshift position is good (I'm even using a different shifter now too). Is the shifter-pedal/drum spacing larger than most dirt bikes? I'm going to try another, shorter shifter and see if that helps. Now the brake side arrangement is just sad. I'm hoping my brain will come up with some ideas on master cylinder, reservoir protection and brake pedal redesign while I sleep, cause I can't come up with a good plan while I'm awake, LOL...

I'm thinking lower pegs will help too.
Early 2000's YZ Yamaha are the short shifters and the WR ones are longer versions. Just buy generic steel models made for those bikes as they fit and work perfectly on the BMW.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote