View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #725
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruncleWill View Post
This doesn't sound like retirement plans, but his mention of KTM's lack of 2013 plans is interesting
"I hope I can commit to the entire World Championships which begin in Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in April (5 to 11). KTM has not yet defined our program for 2013, but I think that there will be no problem on the feasibility ... " said the World Champion title and hand over.
http://www.mfe-live.com/index.php/ho...u-dakar-a-lima

Yes an interesting one, it's difficult to see if the commitment statement was due to KTM's plans or his injury?
It Is I expect quite normal not to have the detail for the year until after the Dakar - In fact the whole WRC Rally programme does seem to be a means to an end for the Dakar for some of the top teams?

Having said this i think the Dakar is also considered as the first event of the years calendar, although it also runs as if it is the culmination of the year's work, so to an extent there are 2 Dakars in a season

He has been untouched at the DC in recent years, so it would be strange not to see him there.

Also the FIM have increased the WRC to 6 events this year including the 2 key rally's in S America ( so just flagging them really?) This will raise the profile in SA, but it will be interesting to see if anyone takes all the events in, but time will tell.

We know from last year that both KTM and HRC missed Phaorons, although HRC had no WRC focus at all, just the new bike and the Dakar - so it will be equally interesting to see what they announce for the 2013 year?

too old screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 08:25 PM