View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
bump OP
COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer: 713
Off day...

I think the official story is Robby just had an off day and was smart enough not to push a bad position. Remarkable to me was everyone else I spoke with had the same impression that the KTM seemed visibly slower throughout the course. Not sure why. I'd love to see Dean win. But I'd like to see us win more...

We really were a David vs two Goliaths situation. Robby is the fastest during the day and Henge is still king of the night. The Kawi is faster than the Honda. But it is really difficult to put together 20 pits across 1120 miles of desert with a tiny budget. KTM had their Mercedes vans while I drove the 8X bike to Ensenada in a 160K mile Chevy pickup borrowed from Ryan Abbatoye's dad. Same for Honda as they have their legacy structure in place. Ours was basically a group of mostly volunteers for a little motorcycle shop in Riverside, California against two huge international motorcycle companies. And we almost did it with Bob's better sling shot.

Post racing chatter is often what-ifs but if Robby had been on and the one mechanical hadn't happened we'd have won by a large margin. So Bob is definitely on the correct track.

Kawi and KTM are getting this figured out and while Honda has dominated since Kawi left Baja it's like Caselli said before the race 'sure they are winning but who are they beating?' Something like that.

With the sale of Score to Norman I'll be interested to see if he starts coming down on Honda for their course deviations. And if they send an army of dozers to San Felipe. And we get better video coverage. And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Great reports, Guys. Bobby Bell, do you have a reason for giving up time when you did?

bump screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 09:54 PM
bump is offline   Reply With Quote