View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #38
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbob View Post
It sounds like you are satisfied with the Vstrom. If that make you happiest GREAT.

I agree the cost of ownership of is less. atleast a couple of $k up front. I test rode one for over an hour before I bought my BMW.
Why, the suzuk was a bit heavier, a bit slower, did not handle quite as well....those things were more important to me than the $$.

Everyone should chose what is best for themselves.
And I don't want to turn this into a vstrom vs 1150 thread..they are very different bikes. Vstrom is great and very reliable. My two problems are even with changing the bars,begs,risers, and seat I have never been able to get it to fit me well. I can ride long distances but it's sort of like ride ling distance on a bicycle. It's uncomfortable while you are doing it but your glad you did it when it's over.

The other problem is the suspension and ground clearance and no fun for off road. I'm one of those vstrom owners that explores the dirt and it's just not up to the task..ok It may be loaded for camping and two up...but I still need something that won't bottom out over every hill.

That's why I'm looking at the bmws again..

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote