Thread: The Way South
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #51
rockymountainoyster OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
San Miguel

Hanging here until at least after the first of the year. I am thinking of taking some Spanish classes. Anyone have any leads on those in San Miguel. There is plenty of information available here, muchos gringos, but it is always nice to have some first hand info. I am going to head over to Mexico City around 1/12/13 and park my bike at a friend's place to fly down to Chile for about a month. Was originally going to ride down there but left Colorado about a month too late.

San Miguel de Allende is a really nice place, it is no wonder that so many gringos have come here and stayed. The restaurants and even the corporate coffee shop are filled with gringos and Mexicans alike both tourists and locals. The people on the streets are friendly and welcoming. There is some great riding from here as miguelito has shown me. Yesterday it finally warmed up a bit and was very pleasant, shirt sleeve weather. It gets chilly at night and hotel rooms, unless you are in a very fancy place, don't tend to be heated. More to come...