View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #218
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Edit: You know nothing about my politics, sweet fuck-all, to be exact, so stop assuming.

The question is and always has been liberty or as the powers that be so susictly put it "freedom".

The Mythical "benefit to society" does not exist. Even if it did exist it is so ridiculously minuscule as to not even warrant a second look.
You are incorrect on both accounts. You'd LIKE it, hell, you'd love it if weren't so. But you cannot provide a single iota of evidence to support such a claim.

But I can. A rider in this state falls, not wearing a helmet. Passenger, not wearing helmet dies. His children are now collecting social security. The survivor has massive head trauma. They drill holes, release pressure, he comes out of the coma-- to a point. His wife leaves their house and moves in the survivors brother bring his 4 children with her. His hospital and care facility stay was 5 months. He has only limited speech, can't walk without support, and will never work again or enjoy beer and watch the footie match. He nearly bankrupted his union's health care fund and expended his lifetime allowance according to his insurance carrier. His care is now in our hands. His 4 children have a shell of a father, his wife is now a full time caretaker of a man who only sometimes recognises her.

This wreck has cost a bloody fortune to his family's emotions, his estate, his union.

And that one wreck-- that's enough in my eyes and in the eyes of the TWENTY FIVE state supreme courts who have upheld helmet laws, has cost enough to impinge upon your happiness enough to make the sacrifice of clicking one fucking strap on a helmt.

more to the point, in your fit of imbecility, you didn't address one salient point of my post. You made a slanderous attack on my person and incorrectly identified the legal issues surrounding rights and helmet laws.

If you have nothing cogent to say, save the bandwidth next time.

From the moment of the injury, society picks the person up off the highway; delivers him to a municipal hospital and municipal doctors; provides him with unemployment compensation if, after recovery, he cannot replace his lost job, and, if the injury causes permanent disability, may assume the responsibility for his and his family�s continued subsistence. We do not understand a state of mind that permits plaintiff to think that only he himself is concerned

From a man smarter than you.

Motorcycles are only 2 percent of the registered vehicles nationally, but motorcyclist fatalities are 5 percent of traffic fatalities each year. Motorcyclists account for over 2,100 fatalities and 56,000 injuries. The fatality rate per mile traveled for motorcyclists is 16 times that of car occupants, and the injury rate is about 4 times that of car occupants.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote