View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
gsweave
Yinz, blinkers are on.

Oddometer: 11,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
Ok not a troll or anything. I've had a vstrom for a few years, and every other little dual sport there is. I've wanted an 1150gs forever. Every time I talk to anyone on the vstrom forum they talk about how the BMWs cost so much to maintain and how things are always breaking. So I decided to ask people who actually own the any kind of post 2000 GS...do they brak a lot, do they cost a lot to fix, do they have a lot of known mechanical issues? I just sold a bike so I'm seriously considering getting a GS that's a few years old. Ideally I'd like to spend around 12k.

Just go buy a used 1150/1100. Parts for the piece of shit will be available for the next 40 years. you will be out 5K fully optioned out, bags, lights, all kinds of non essental trinkets. Best $ for $ 5K spent.

any shade tree hack can rebuild em

tires, hopefully will be your biggest expense, be sure to buy a tire machine to go with it.

stop believing stuff on the internet I've had issues with my current 7 BM's but never an electrical one.
1Paul 2:15
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil;... .

gsweave screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 11:46 AM
gsweave is offline   Reply With Quote