View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,438
Molesworth Road condition Dec 2013

Kia Ora.
Pete blen & myself did our annual celebratory Molesworth opening day ride from Blenheim via Taylors Dam rd to Hanmer for coffee & cake.

The roads were in excellent shape with small pea metal.

Here's a few pics - it doesn't change much from year to year but is a stunning place to ride.

The steeds

The Bridge over the water.

The water

The other water

A ford

Getting closer

Ok I'm an arsehole - pete was stuck but I just had to get the camera out before helping

Any one notice how the ford changed halfway?

As pete mentioned over on KB we passed a hippy paint job van & a small silver hatch back over the bank & it was only the 2nd day of the road being open.
We passed a DRZ loaded up, Harley with knobs having an egg sandwich on Ward pass- good on that badboy 2 x XRs & on the Rainbow we saw a 950 fully loaded wit the rider in a striking adv stand up pose.
Heaps of 4wds, family wagons & hire cars.

We both had a few arse puckering moments- mine when I came around a corner & found myself head on with a camper bus Although admittedly they are the same width of 4wd but seeing a big white wall in front of me sent me wobbling into the gravel at the side of the road. later I came around a tight corner to see a very fresh skid mark running straight instead of round the corner.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote