View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #4637
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Jules, what GL bag are you running? I have test fit a Great Basin and it seemed like a good fit, but can't recall if the rack interfered much with it or not.

I have a Coyote that I had on my Yamaha XT250 and used in Peru on a Honda Tornado 250, it makes GREAT luggage on planes and on rental bikes, so I'll be keeping it. It is a bit narrow on the KLR and rides up high over the rack rails, but I made some extensions for the straps and use a buckle to connect the middle strap around the rack instead of to the fender. It works okay... considering getting a GB if I can find one cheap, just curious if the GB has similar issues to the Coyote, assuming that's the bag you have.

Thanks
I have a Coyote that I use on my XR, I just stole the heat shield for temporary KLR use. The Coyote itself doesn't fit the KLR right, like you said.

I kicked around getting a Great Basin, but I ended up ordering the Wolfman luggage with the Happy Trails rack, It was cheaper than the GB and seems to get good reviews on here. The thing that turned me away from the GB is that is seems like the Wolfman bags will give me a lot more flexibilty to strap stuff on top. They haven't came in yet, so I can't comment one way or the other on them.

Like you said the Coyote is great to have, and I plan on keeping it around even if I sell the XR. I'm sure I'll always have some sort of bike that the coyote fits on.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote